Size of granules does matter!
- Classical mixing-length (Prandtl 1925, Böhm-Vitense 1953, 1958)
- RHD simulations: smaller cells mean more downdrafts carrying more flux
- Size/amplitude of temperature fluctuations (e.g. molecules: CO on Sun, water on Arcturus)
- Relation between horizontal scale and vertical reach (temperature stratification, wind, ...)
- Visibility on red supergiant: WHT & COAST (Buscher 1990... Young 2000)
- More in the next talk by Andrea Chiavassa
- Micro-variability (Ludwig 2006, Eriksson & Lindegren 2007)